Lizzie Fletcher’s views on abortion are extreme. Most Texans, whether pro-life or pro-choice, believe there should be reasonable restrictions on abortion to protect the health and safety of women and their unborn children, but Lizzie Fletcher doesn’t think there should be any limits at all. Fletcher has been endorsed by a radical pro-abortion group which supports abortion on-demand, up to the moment of birth paid for by taxpayers.
7th Congressional District
Congressional Candidates: At a Glance
Pro-Life Republican candidate
Will vote to ensure equal medical care for infants born alive during a failed abortion attempt
Will vote to protect unborn babies from late-term abortions after 20 weeks (more than halfway through pregnancy)1
Will vote against forcing taxpayers to pay for abortions1
Expand for more
On his campaign website Wesley says: “My wife and I were blessed last year with our first child, Victoria. I’m pro-life and believe that we need to protect the sanctity of life. Taxpayers should not have to pay for abortions and I support legislation to protect babies from late-term abortion.”
Current pro-abortion Democratic representative for TX-07
Fletcher voted against a bill providing life saving medical care for newborn babies who survived an abortion1
Fletcher’s backers oppose common sense limitations on abortion at 20 weeks (more than halfway through pregnancy)2
Fletcher’s backers support forcing taxpayers to pay for abortions3
Fletcher’s backers believe abortion should be legal all the way through birth, even as a baby is being delivered4
Fletcher voted against an amendment to uphold conscience protections for healthcare professionals unwilling to perform abortions in violation of their beliefs5
Expand for more
Fletcher has been endorsed by a radical pro-abortion group which supports abortion on-demand, up to the moment of birth paid for by taxpayers.
- Fletcher’s backers support late-term abortion. They oppose common sense limitations on abortion at 20 weeks (more than halfway through pregnancy) and beyond, even opposing protections for babies born alive after failed abortions.
- Fletcher’s backers support Taxpayer-Funded Abortion which forces taxpayers to pay for painful late-term abortions
- Fletcher’s backers believe abortion should be legal all the way through birth, even as a baby is being delivered, a barbaric method known as Partial-Birth Abortion.
- “Motion To Recommit H.R. 2339, 2/28/20; Roll Call 77, Fletcher Voted No, 2/28/20
- “Abortion Bans at 20 Weeks: A Dangerous Restriction for Women,” NARAL, 1/1/17
- “Legislative Restrictions on Access to Abortion,” NARAL, accessed 4/24/20
- “Federal Abortion Ban,” NARAL, 1/1/17
- “H.R. 2740,” Congressional Record Vol. 165, No. 98, 6/12/19
Meet the Presidential Candidates
President Donald J. Trump
Most pro-life president. Ever.
Appointed 193 judges including two Supreme Court justices
Cut Planned Parenthood’s Tax Funding by up to $60 Million
Stopped sending your tax dollars to overseas abortion organizations
Reversed an Obama-era rule that prevented states from defunding Planned Parenthood
Pro-abortion Democratic Nominee
Flip-flopped on forcing taxpayers to pay for abortions
Calls abortion a “constitutional right,” and promises to reverse all of President Trump’s pro-life policies
Would only nominate Supreme Court justices who support Roe v. Wade
Refused to Condemn China's One-Child Policy
Register to VotePolling LocationsHow to Vote Early
Make sure you’re all set to vote pro-life in November!
Photo Credits: Joe Biden: Marc Nozell Lizzie Fletcher: Screenshot from “Who Is Lizzie Fletcher?,” Houston Public Media